Sunday 12 August 2012

Apivita Express Beauty Mask - Sample Review

As I sorted through my cosmetics on the weekend I realised just how many samples I have, and that I should try a new one each week and review them, because who knows, I might find something new to use.

This week I used Apivita's Express Beauty with cereals nourishing mask. I received two sachets of this product in my Priceline skincare goodie bag. The packaging stated that this was a mask made with wheat germ oil, oat and rice extracts, honey, olive and sunflower oil and orange essential oils to nourish and hydrate skin. As you can see it is also free from Parabens, Silicones and Propylene Glycol which is always a plus. 

The scent of the mask is subtle and I couldn't detect any citrusy scent from orange oils, it had more of a subtle cereal scent. The application was quite creamy and thick and easy to apply, but I found that one sachet was far too much for one use. I expected it to be a one use sachet as you can actually buy them in packs of the same size, anyhow, better more than less I suppose. After leaving the cream mask for around 15 minutes, most of it had soaked in to my skin, and I rinsed. My skin didn't look any different, but did feel a little softer. I didn't notice any dramatic changes that would cause me to purchase this product for myself. In saying that I do not really suffer from dry skin, so this product may have just not been right for me. 

Overall, I would not purchase this, but would recommend it to those with dry skin as it is very moisturising and soaks in to the skin well. 

1 comment: