Monday 16 July 2012

Haircut Horror Stories and New Haircut Ideas.

My hair is one of my most important features. I am always fussing over it and spending crazy amounts of money to keep it healthy and growing. Over the years I have definitely used and abused my hair beyond it's limits, dying it an array of colours ranging through the reds, oranges, dark browns, blondes and even some crazy colours such as pink, purple and blue!

Now I have many hair cut horror stories but here's the one that lead me to the hair I have currently and why I want it to grow so desperatly. At the start of last year, 2011, my hair just reached my chest and I had just dyed it from pink to dark brown with blonde tips. I wouldn't call it ombre because there wasn't any sort of blending or graduation in to the blonde. Come late Febuary, March I decided that the blonde had ruined my hair, and instead of dying it all back to brown as suggested by the hair dresser who said my hair wasn't that badly damaged and with some care would come good again, I took a leap and chopped it all off. I left my fringe long and the rest cut very, very short. I could barely get a straightner in the back and had to use a mini one most of the time. At the time I loved it, but now, I regret it more than any of my hair cut horrors.
As time went on my hair began to grow out and become more manageable, but my fringe, being longer than the rest of my hair hair, was out of control. I got so frustrated with it one day, that I just cut it off, which left me with similar length hair all over, but also looking very boyish. When my hair became just long enough to get in a tiny elastic, I wanted to have it cut and evened out in to a short bob, but the hair dresser for some reason convinced me an asymetical hair cut would be much more suiting. As that grew out, it was the BIGGEST pain. Half my hair was able to fit in an elastic, and the rest sort of just flopped about and had to be pinned up. I kept this hair style until after my wedding, as I was having my hair curled around to the longer side and pinned up, and if I had cut it before I would have had hardly any hair left to work with. A few weeks after my wedding, I chopped the longer part of my hair of myself because I just couldn't wait any longer.
Since then I haven't cut my hair once. 4 and a half months with out scissors touching my hair and about 8 months with out going to the actual hair dressers, I starting to get the temptation to get my hair cut. But how? is the big question. My hair is currently just over my collarbones, with a long side fringe. It's a bunch of random colours because I haven't dyed it in quite some time and the ends are copper / faded pink. I want to keep the length because I am growing it out and love that I can put my hair up easily now. But I want an actual style, rather than the I-haven't-been-to-the-hair-dresses-in-8-months-growth. I am terrible at picking hair cuts for myself and just want something simple, and simple to style. Being able to put it up is a major thing for me and having a long fringe that I can sweep back easily is also important. (I have curly hair and a short fringe means I would have to straighten it every morning for it to sit right, and I just don't have that sort of time.. well to be honest, I'd rather stay in bed an extra 5 minutes)
My hair now goes up easily in many styles and is easy to straighten because of it's length. I want/need a cut though, even just to even my hair out and thin it out a bit. I'm not sure what I want to do yet! Feel free to recommend some hair styles for me below! Links to pictures would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment