Sunday 24 June 2012

Lush Reviews


Last week I received my Lush package after ordering my goodies with free shipping thanks to the Lush Gorilla perfumes exclusives. To qualify for free shipping, you are to order a Gorilla perfume and then enter the code EXCLUSIVE at checkout, for me this turned out to be a great deal, as shipping is usually $9 and I only paid $9.95 for the solid perfume to qualify, so technically I paid .95c for the perfume! (This offer has sadly ended)

Upon receiving my Lush package I could smell Karma Komba and Jungle before even opening the box. Their scents are just gorgeous. Karma Komba has a fresh orange citrus scent, I personally don't find it to be over bearing, rather sweet and calming. Solid shampoo bars remind me very much of those little sprinkles all stuck together, my husband thought they were just 'so weird' and much like 'rubbing a bar of soap on your head'. The Karma Komba bar lathers up beautifully. I wet it, rub it between my hands a few times and on the top of my head and then wash my hair as normal. I rub my hair until the lather calms down and then rinse. My hair feels soft enough to not have to use a conditioner after. My hair has never been so tangle free after using a shampoo alone, I was so shocked the first time I used it. After using Rehab for the last 5 months and having my hair feel like straw after shampooing (it is SOO very clarifying, now I will only use it once or twice a fortnight or when I have used product in my hair), it was a nice surprise to have my hair feeling clean and refreshed without conditioner. Even though my hair feels so great without conditioner, I still use Jungle after. Jungle's scent is what I keep describing as foresty. I honestly can't pick a particular scent from this bar, I just know I love it. Once again I wet it, rub it between my hands a few times, then run it down the length of my hair, this conditioner bar takes a few more swipes than the shampoo bar does as it is a lot harder to melt. I rub it through my hair and then, get on the with the rest of my shower before rinsing. After rinsing I have literally tangle free and gorgeous smelling hair. These two keep my hair shiny, looking healthy and pretty tangle free until the next wash. When I get out the shower I pat them both dry and store them in an open container under my sink where the moisture can not get to them. Overall both of these get a big thumbs up and a 5/5 from me.

The ultrabalm is a great universal product that I use on my extra dry fingers/hands, my lips, scraps, cuts and so on. There's not much to say, since it is such a regular products, like vaseline or paw paw cream, aside from the fact it has little scent and is very moisturising. 



1000 kisses is a solid perfume from the Gorilla perfume exclusives and was created in honour of lasting love. The first time I opened and smelt the bright orange stick, I was greeted by the scent of blossoms and fresh citrus followed by a woody undertone. I swirled some on my wrists, rubbed them together and smelt more of a strange indescribable smell rather than the fresh citrus. After giving it some time to warm and soak in, the fresh citrus scent returned and the woody undertones were more apparent. The scent is subtle and not over powering, but sweet at the same time. I have never smelt something like this before, and I like it more and more every time I wear it. 

I did not like the Dirty toothy tabs I was given as a sample one bit. I don't actually have one nice thing to say about them, so I won't go in to it too much. I crushed mine up first as I didn't like the idea of chewing it and getting it all stuck in my teeth. Long story short, I put my tooth brush in my mouth, the flavours hit my tongue, I spat and rinsed within two seconds. I felt like I had eaten soap.. These aren't my thing at all..

I am super impressed with my new Lush additions, especially the hair products. These will be a re purchase for sure!

How do you guys store you solid Lush bars? Have you tried toothy tabs? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment